Wing Commander Online Chat- und Forenrollenspiel

Kappa Terminal
Sternzeit: 2708.111
A lesson in engineering
Mitglieder in diesem Forum: 0 Mitglieder und 2 Gäste 13 Beiträge • Seite 1 von 21, 2

Vale
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

A lesson in engineering

Beitragvon Vale » 9. Juli 2022 15:57

As Vale entered the hanger, he gazed and gawked at the dozens of ships laid across the area, Although he didn't come to look at his favourite models all day. He had received a single invitation addressed to him written by a familiar tigress.

Vale didn't know what the invitation was about nor why he was so compelled to accept it, but nevertheless he was at the hanger, and begun looking around for the fuzzy creature.

Zimbra
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: A lesson in engineering

Beitragvon Zimbra » 9. Juli 2022 16:09

"Over here!" shouted Zimbra, excited to see her reptillian friend decided to come despite their differences.

She walked over with tools strapped to a pair of mechanic overalls already prepared to teach the lizard a few things about machines.

"I almost thought you were scared I'd eat ya, You took your time getting here... I hope my message wasn't confusing"

She grabbed his hand and dragged the Varni over to her ship.

Vale
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Beitragvon Vale » 9. Juli 2022 16:24

Before Vale could utter a word, his hand was already in a firm grip that would certainly keep him silent on the way, however he didn't hate it. Quite the opposite actually.

As the duo arrived at the towering ship, Zimbra released Vale's hand from her firm grip from which then he stood aloof processing the brief moment, before cupping his hand and clearing his throat.

"Hmh.. So, what exactly have you brought me here for?"
His eyes scroll along her outfit as he tries to make sense of the situation.
"You're not exactly in the most presentable clothing, so I can tell we aren't going on those torture treadmills at least.."
He takes a breath of relief before looking back up to her.

Zimbra
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Beitragvon Zimbra » 9. Juli 2022 16:34

The Cat turned to Vale with a large smile and gave him a pat on the back

"We are gonna tinker a bit! My ship needs little repaires so I thought you could help me with them and learn a bit too."

She picked a tool off the floor and gave it to the reptile "Let's see what that Varni intellect of yours can learn"

Without missing a beat she leaped inside the heavy fighters cockpit

Vale
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Beitragvon Vale » 9. Juli 2022 16:43

Vale held onto the strange tool. Peering into the cockpit he took note of the excessive clutter; various bits and scraps spread across the floor, with strange tools and instruments sprinkled in the different piles, all of the junk practically alien to him.

He hesitated stepping in for a moment, fearful he would somehow break something.

"I- I hope you know I dropped out of education early..."

Vale then timidly stepped next to the cockpit as Zimbra tinkered with various components.
Zuletzt geändert von Vale am 9. Juli 2022 17:17, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.

Zimbra
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Beitragvon Zimbra » 9. Juli 2022 16:55

Busy stuck between monitors, wires, tools and parts Zimbra threw a manual towards the Varni

"You'll be fine just stick to the manual I stole from Cinder or ask me for help... or the A.I."

A small gimbal camera connected to the ship with nothing but wires quickly turns to the lizard

"Don't get scared by it... I think it knows what fear is"

Zimbra digs deeper into the electronics of the ship

"Can you hand me some pliers?" the cat stretches a hand out

Vale
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Beitragvon Vale » 9. Juli 2022 17:15

Vale catches the manual as it smacks against his chest.
He then makes the mistake of looking at the camera.

It looked soulless and dead, as one would expect from an intelligence restricted to nothing but a make-shift camera.
Though, for some reason, it just came off to Vale in a strange, eerie fashion.

Taking two quick glimpses at the camera before slowly drawing his attention away from the ships A.I he started to look through the manual for the tool Zimbra had asked for.

He kept flipping through pages to no avail.

"Hmm.. Hrng...."
He flipped the book up and around, checking the back and spine.
"Do you have a picture version of this..?"
embarrassment begun to wash over him.
"I- I can read it's just... I don't use books all that much and.."

Zimbra
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Beitragvon Zimbra » 9. Juli 2022 17:31

Zimbra climbend out of the cockpit and picked up another book of the ground

"Too technical for you I guess... well that's fine. This one should have more instructional images"

The book was thick and every page was filled with information about engineering, mechanics and even programming accompanied with graphs, images and schematics for machinery modern and old.
Zimbra flipped to a page concerning basic tools before turning to the lizard and pointing at a picture

"look, pliers"

just like with the manual she casually threw the book to Vale

"give it a read it should get you started on engineering... you can borrow it if you want"

grabbing a pair of pliers on the ground she turned her attention to the ship again

"Don't worry about telling me stuff I ain't gonna laugh at you"

Vale
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Beitragvon Vale » 9. Juli 2022 17:51

Vale caught the book and heaved its momentum to a halt, shifting his stance with the weight of the book.
He then clutched it and held it tight to his chest.
"Thanks... that means a lot..."
The small reptiles tail made a few quick swishes of joy, and as he opened the book, his mood grew ever brighter, his eyes practically glowing with excitement.

For the first time in his life, something he was reading made sense, as if a lock on his brain had finally begun to shake loose.

For a few moments he was glued to the contents, flicking through pages and seeing all the tools and parts, their purpose and use.
Flicking through a couple more he eventually stumbled across a photo featuring what appeared to be a Varni standing proudly next to a fighter model he had never seen before.
It was elegant yet humble, Perhaps the Varni next to it designed it themselves?

"Wow... this book certainly has a lot in it..."

He closed the book and reopened it on the page Zimbra had shown him

"So... What are you working on anyways?"

Zimbra
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Beitragvon Zimbra » 9. Juli 2022 18:02

"Just some general repairs... the A.I. helps quite a bit with detecting any quirks in the system"

The gimble camera is still fixated on the Varni as if it is analysing something

"fighting against pirates and kilrathi on a daily basis does take a toll on these things even with shields I guess"

the large Tigress jumps back down again. "that should be it... I see you are enjoying your new book found somethi-"

~Yes, acceptable~ The camera suddenly turned back to the ship as if nothing happened

"Well I guess repairs are done... for now. Did ya learn anything interesting?"

Nächste

Zurück zu TCS Fearless (engl.)

Gastcharakter

Spielkonsolen

Online: (2)

Serverspende
Spende einfach mit PayPal

Folge uns!